No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Could this be a Czech design?  (Read 900 times)

Offline norman warbreck

• Members
Could this be a Czech design?
« on: May 24, 2009, 08:56:49 AM »
this one is beautifully cut.....no signature
Could this be a Czech design and any idea of designer?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Re: Could this be a Czech design?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 10:10:54 PM »
Vladimír Žahour, Bohemial glass Poděbrady - in case when the glass is engraved - not pressed.
Hard to recognise from pictures.

I want to ask you, Norman,  for permision to use your pictures in my Czechoslovakian glass database - that possibly also will be published. Marcus did explain me that permission "to be used in database" does not mean that it can be shared with others. I feel self-evident that I am not making my database to be happy it alone, but want to share with other glass colllectors.

I am not happy with the law that gives every author of any stupid photography such wide rights - if I compare effort given to make good glass design, good painting or good software - press the button to make a picture in digital compact camera for eBay purposes I hardly can find to be protected so hard as those random examples just mentioned. But I must accept the rules, so I am asking for the permission.
Please do not understand it that I underestimate hard work of professional photographers, but not every eBayer selling the vase is the artist and not every picture is art - but for database evidence often needed.

Jindrich

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline norman warbreck

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 08:15:03 AM »
Hi Jindrich,
it is always a pleasure to share my pictures and i would be delighted in saying yes to your request.
i feel pretty much the same as i do feel that it is in the sharing that the world becomes excited with what is being shown and this could only result in a better understanding of the revelant works.
I have secretly being collecting hot worked pieces and have some 40 or so which i would like to post on my site at a later date....but my knowledge here is rather scant....so perhaps when u have time if i could impede on your time .....could i send u a picture gallery.
As with my Sklo Union guide.....http://www.antiques-international.ch/sklo_d/
all of my collection is not for sale....but merely a hobby and passion....it keeps me out of mischief....lol
wishing u a great journey in putting together a gallery.
best wishes
norman
My pictures are not the best but if u wish i could get a friend to do better ones for u....smile

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 09:33:54 AM »
Thank you Norman,
great page. I will go through later this week.
Jindrich

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand