No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Regency style salt+pepper shaker's?date?  (Read 1743 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Regency style salt+pepper shaker's?date?
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 01:26:04 PM »
That's assuming they are English. I have a nice 1950s boxed Czechoslovakian three piece set with uranium glass screw-on lids.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ekimp

• Members
    • England
Re: Regency style salt+pepper shaker's?date?
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2023, 12:08:35 PM »
I saw some of these a while ago and couldn’t have a very good look but the inside of the lid looked pressed. You can see they also come with a matching mustard pot.

Saw another today, if you feel inside with a finger, you can feel undulations where the glass has been blown into the pre-moulded cutting. So, they are moulded as a figured blank, then cut. That makes sense considering the thread is moulded. There were two vertical seams on the external thread, so the thread was done with a two part mould.

Figured blanks:
https://www.glassmessages.com/index.php?topic=70878.msg394488
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day - Winnie-the-Pooh

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand