No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Mould blown textured celery vase - ID = Val St. Lambert Luxval vase 'Egmont'  (Read 2254 times)

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
I purchased this piece of glasssware today, its very industrial in appearance and appears to have four lines very faintly running down the body full length maybe a four part mould blown item? The height is 7" the rim is 43/4" and the base rim is 23/4". The base is quite marked up with age related wear, marked celery near the rim maybe acid etched upon closer inspection it appear's to be done quite crudely. The item looks quite deco in style im wondering whether its british made also is the mark for celery there for the obvious or for another reason maybe the tax duty on glass not sure when or why this was! but remember reading something regarding this on gmb. The vase has vertical ribbing on the bottom quarter of the vase not unlike holophane lamp shade's also the ridged area on the middle section has textured decoration between it. Any opinion's graciously received. Thankyou for looking. :ac1:

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Mould blown textured celery vase.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 06:43:54 AM »
I think it's pressed not blown, possibly Czech. And yes the celery mark was to avoid luxury goods tax on vases

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 07:13:23 PM »
Hi christine thank's for the reply i agree it has a look of czech type glass thanks :hiclp:

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 08:19:58 PM »
Came across this thread by chance when searching for something else.... The vase in question is not Czech but is Val St. Lambert Luxval vase 'Egmont', shown in the 1935 catalogue available here: http://glas-musterbuch.de/LUXVAL-1935.117.0.html  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand