No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help ID some paperweights  (Read 1011 times)

Offline glenn

• Members
Help ID some paperweights
« on: July 02, 2009, 09:01:28 AM »
Hello all,
I've just found this message board and was hoping you guys could help me identify some paperweigths. One of them is plastic or resin (the one with the flowers) but I think the glass ones are Strathearn.

Does anyone recognise these?

I can provide more pics if needed.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline glenn

• Members
Re: Help ID some paperweights
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 11:03:44 AM »
Here are two more paperweights. There are Strathearn but any further info would be appreciated.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 11:43:36 AM »
I think the red scramble is Chinese and the others certainly look like Strathearn, but I could be wrong.

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 05:19:30 PM »
Hi Glenn, welcome to the board.

Working upwards through the pics in the first post:

The spoke pattern on its own is Strathearn.
The spoke pattern on yellow ground is most likely early Perthshire Paperweights, PP1 design, pre-1971 as it has no P cane.
The spoke on red ground, next to the PP1, is Strathearn.

The scrambled design is, as Chrisitine says, Chinese.

I don't know the maker of the resin weight - and as it's not glass, I will leave it at that.

The two weights in your second post are a design called "Tropic". These were made in lots of colours and varying sizes. For best information on Strathearn weights see Richard More's web pages.

-------------------

For future reference, it is best to create a separate thread for each item you would like to discuss. Otherwise, it can get very confusing trying to refer to the correct weight and for others to add comments later on, particularly if some items remain unresolved for some time.

If needed, any Moderator can split items out into new threads. But for now, I will leave this thread as it stands.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline glenn

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 08:08:55 AM »
Hi Kev,
Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it. And thanks to you too, Lustrousstone!

I didn't want to flood the board with posts which is why I put them all in a single posting but I'm happy to split them if needed.

Thanks again!
Glenn

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand