No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Monarch Crystal  (Read 4602 times)

Offline sallee

• Members
Monarch Crystal
« on: August 04, 2004, 02:43:25 PM »
Does anyone have any info on "Monarch Crystal"?  I was given a compote purchased in 1956 from J C Penney ($59.98 at that time).  It is clear (looks like pressed) glass with antique gold pedestal on a marble base, and 5 large "teardop crystals" hanging beneath glass.  (Sorry I don't know correct terminology.)  I would really appreciate any info--haven't been able to find anything.[/i]
allee

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline sandysfancy

• Members
    • http://www.sandysfancypants.com
Monarch Crystal?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 02:35:40 AM »
I have found newer Monarch glass but can someone tell me if some could be antique? I received this question and need help.
----------------------------------
I have acquired a compote on a pedestal and have been told that I have an "unusual but interesting" piece. Maybe you can help me identify how old it is and if it coud be an insurable item. It is pressed glass approximately 4" deep with a scalloped sawtooth edgeand a swirl design. On the inside of the bowl is a tag that says it is Monarch crystal made in West Germany. The pedestal however is, I think, cast bronze with busts of men in large hats and lion heads along the bottom, with a scroll-type design going down to three feet. The piece that holds the bowl to the pedestal is shaped like a flat flower also made of the same material. On the bottom are the words Accurate Cast and AA 122. The second A is a smaller size.

----------Any help greatly appreciated. Sandy
ttp://www.sandysfancypants.com

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline paradisetrader

• Members
Monarch Crystal?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 05:08:36 PM »
West Germany
Means it was made between 1945-89

Monarch Crystal
Not a German name therefore most likely only a trade name and made for export in the post WWII period only.
In other words the actual maker of the glass would have been a company by a different (German) name.
It could also be just the name of the importer.
Pete

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand