No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: A big green thing has landed in my living room... modern?  (Read 987 times)

Offline Tinker-Taylor

• Members
A big green thing has landed in my living room... modern?
« on: August 20, 2009, 09:22:02 PM »
I get the impression that this might be a modern piece but it throws me a little to see the water staining inside.  It's too wide and shallow for flowers (to my thinking) so it may have had a frog at some stage.

I'm still thinking Next circa 2003.... maybe 2004, though I hope I am wrong.  If it is rubbish then it will always make a good Mother's Christmas gift!

Thanks to anyone who might be able to help (again) - you're all fab.

PS: The pint glass is for scale and contains only (ginger) ale, which is rather like beer but ever so pale!

:)
Stuart & Emma Taylor.
(ebay ID: tinker-taylor-glass)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: A big green thing has landed in my living room... modern?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 06:33:04 AM »
It looks to the OH and I as if the top green bit might be uranium glass. I don't suppose you have a UV light to test to see if it glows bright green. If it does then it's certainly not modern but 1930s ish, maybe. But without it handling it I can't really tell.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Tinker-Taylor

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 07:23:32 AM »
Thank you for your reply.

I must invest in a UV light; it seems like the way forward.  It would be great to know if it appears in a catalogue anywhere (other than the Woollworth 1996 one!)
Stuart & Emma Taylor.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Tinker-Taylor

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 05:06:45 PM »
This doesn't glow under UV, and I have had no success trying to find out what it is, so I thought I would give it one last try for ID before moving it on. 

TIA
Stu.

Stuart & Emma Taylor.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand