No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Caithness WATER LILY boxed paperweight  (Read 1313 times)

Offline dreamticket2

• Members
Caithness WATER LILY boxed paperweight
« on: September 05, 2009, 11:05:00 AM »
I have looked through the excellent Caithness site in Scottish Glass and the only one similar I can find is a signed Ltd Edn by Willie Manson.
http://www.scotlandsglass.co.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&category_id=85&product_id=4341&Itemid=51

The card included with my pwt  states "specially commissioned"
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?album=25&pos=126

Would appreciate any help as to the designer.
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-11893
thank you for looking.
Jean

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Wuff

• Members
    • Scotland's Glass
Re: Caithness WATER LILY boxed paperweight
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 12:43:13 PM »
Hi Jean,

well - these are definitely two different weights.

The problem with commissioned weights is, that they do not show up in the sales brochures issued by Caithness, which form the basis of our online catalogue. Only occasionally a few are depicted in the Reflections Magazine (for Collectors' Club members - early issues also online on Scotlandsglass), a fair selection is listed in the "Charlton Catalogue" by Colin Terris (2nd vol issued 2004) - but also far from complete. I cannot find your weight in either - and we would appreciate if you'd give us permission to use your images for the catalogue on Scotlandsglass. In the meantime I'll try to find out more about your weight.

Best regards - Wolf
Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Interested in any aspect of Scottish glass? Have a look at Scotland's Glass.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline dreamticket2

• Members
Re: Caithness WATER LILY boxed paperweight
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 05:32:06 PM »
Thank you for quick response and for your intensive search-You are very welcome to use any images you wish.
Please let me know if you want any redone from those that are on my Glass Gallery Album.
Best wishes
Jean

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand