No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: What does SN 84 mean?  (Read 953 times)

Offline Margi

• Members
What does SN 84 mean?
« on: September 12, 2009, 08:40:06 PM »
I have two vases, I wont post pictures as I wish to see if I can actually solve one partly by myself  ;D but they have an embossed S over N on the base with the number 84.  What does this mean please as I am now giving myself a headache.

Margi

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Re: What does SN 84 mean?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 09:26:54 PM »
According to Ivo {thank you!} : Souchon Neuvesel
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Margi

• Members
Re: What does SN 84 mean? - Souchon Neuvesel
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 07:39:00 AM »
Hello thanks Pamela for the name, here is my vase of which I have two.  Reads S over N on the base and the number 84 unfortunately the camera doesnt quite pick this up.  Are they art deco or are they in the style of?  Could anyone give a pattern name please and what does the 84 stand for.
Many thanks
Margi

Offline Margi

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 07:14:55 AM »
I have spent a little while now researching Souchon Neuvesel and have also read the thread on this board re the name. Although I can read some French and have also used translate to aid this I cant find any mention of vases only regarding bottles and insulators.  Does anyone have any active links that I may be able to find these vases or similar.
Thanks in advance
Margi

Offline Littleblackhen

• Members
    • South Yorkshire
    • The Glass Lady
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 09:46:09 PM »
Have you seen this thread?  On the first page are pictures from a catalogue with a vase that looks like yours.

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,22157.0.html
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Glass-Lady/552453431473856

Check out my facebook page for my current stock available at Elsecar and The Sheffield Emporium.

Offline Margi

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 06:02:34 AM »
Hello yes thank you I did read the thread and have recently found ebay item 350252686620 which is active at the moment.  Mine don't have any fish on but flowers.  So that is the initials sorted out bu what would 84 mean is that the pattern number possibly?

Margi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand