No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Galliano Ferrro?? or Giorgio Ferro??  (Read 2616 times)

Offline tam bam

• Members
Galliano Ferrro?? or Giorgio Ferro??
« on: September 20, 2009, 12:39:52 PM »
Hi I just won this lovely paperweight on Ebay last night and I am not quite sure which Ferro made it.  It is just signed G. Ferro.  I don't know too much about the Ferros other than they used to work for A.Ve.M.
I am leaning more towards Galliano.  Any help would be very much appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190334743151&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

tam bam

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Galliano Ferrro?? or Giorgio Ferro??
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 05:54:41 PM »
I checked G. Ferro and found four possibilities.  :spls: I am leaning toward Galliano, too, because it is a paperweight and has murrines. Since both Georgio and Galliano were with Galliano Ferro, it is hard to say which is meant. Maybe Galliano because he designed many of their pieces.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 07:38:02 PM »
Thanks Anita!!  I couldn't find a signature on the both of them to save my life but the weight appeared to be special for some reason that is why I had to get it.  I just had one of those feelings I guess you could say.  Maybe we will come across a match to unsolve this mystery.  Gosh, I am sounding like an episode of Scooby Doo or something.  LOL!

If not I am thinking of contacting the company.  When I googled them I came across their website and they are still in existance today.  Of course now they only make lighting but maybe someone there will know. 

Thanks again!!

tam bam

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 11:46:06 AM »
Ok, I do think I am getting closer to who G. Ferro is.  I Binged his name and came up with this. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vintage_murano_glass/

Galliano Ferro's Murrine Hat.  I would have thought it was FT if it didn't have the sticker.  I really think too that it is Galliano since it appears he did a lot of murrine work into his pieces. 

tam bam

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 02:24:16 AM »
Okay, this is really driving me insane.  I just found this website advertising some really nice chickens but they are not sure if they are FT or Giorgio Ferro.  If Ferro then I am really stumped on who did this weight. :huh:

Well, I think I will retire for the evening.  :sleep:

tam bam

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 02:45:55 PM »
Tami, Galliano Ferro did some of the murine hats. They look a lot like the Fratelli Toso ones, but they don't have as many columns and rows or murrines. If the chickens have star-like murrine eyes that makes the birds look like they are on speed-type drugs, they are probably Ferro. Those are some weird looking chicks.  :o
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 01:16:04 PM »
I thought I would share this since I found this yesterday.  I was looking at Galliano Ferro's website and low and behold.  I saw the signature of Giorgio Ferro on the homepage of their website and the signature looks very similar to the signature on my paperweight.  Of course Giorgio is spelled out and on my pw there is only a G. but the G looks similar and the F in Ferro does too.  I am going to try and get some better pics and e-mail the company soon and will post back if I get a reply.  I think I may have stumpled onto something, hopefully.

http://www.gallianoferro.it/

tam bam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand