No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: WEDGWOOD, HOLMEGAARD OR OTHER ?? BIG JUG THINGY??  (Read 930 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
WEDGWOOD, HOLMEGAARD OR OTHER ?? BIG JUG THINGY??
« on: October 19, 2009, 09:49:22 AM »
Hi all
i picked this up a couple of weekends back as i thought it was unusual looking, its a kind off jug type thing. Its made from a smoky coloured glass which has a subtle hint of green when the sun shines through it.
The base reminds me of the wedgewood sherringham, thick and squared off, the colour looks very much like a couple of Holmegaard pieces ive had in the past (current dont have a piece to compare it with) The bowl has a pulled and pinched lip.
The base has quite heavy wear to the outer edge, so i would think it has a bit of age to it 1960/70's ??
well made with a bit of weight to it 18.5cms tall, 12.5cms diameter
any ideas on maker
many thanks
michelle

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: WEDGWOOD, HOLMEGAARD OR OTHER ?? BIG JUG THINGY??
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 10:40:00 AM »
Might be the 'Tivoli' cocktail mixer, designed in 1953 by Per Lütken for Holmegaard. If so, it would originally have had a teak stirrer.

However, lots of other companies made this exact same form, so it would be impossible to tell without a side-by-side colour comparison with another Smoke coloured piece.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 10:43:29 AM »
thanks for that, i stupidly sold my last piece yesterday before checking the colour side by side on this one.. will have to wait untill i find another piece.. Pretty sure the colour is the same though.
michelle

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 11:57:51 AM »
I can say its not the one Whitefriars made for Aspreys , as i have them in flint sea green and gold amber the foot is quite different .

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand