No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: neodymium bowl - Is this Czech, help needed to identify please?  (Read 3256 times)

Offline bOBA

• Members
Re: neodymium bowl - Is this Czech, help needed to identify please?
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2014, 04:49:51 PM »
I finally found pictures showing my Skrdlovice Topaz- Amethyst. Not cased sommerso style with two colours.  It is a single colour as you would expect with similar Jelinek patterns (but it is a bit of a one off really, 5.5KG).  In normal light away form direct sun it is a smoky brown colour that can look near opaque. I show a picture of it lit with a lightbulb set up to make it clearer. But in some daylight, it quite often turns Amethyst. I do not know why, or if this was hard to achieve! Maybe it is linked to it being a strange size too....

Robert (bOBA)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2014, 09:30:38 PM »
that is gorgeous.  This one was mine - sold to a friend's husband as her birthday present :)
It was just amethyst though and I don't recall it changing colour.  It was big and very heavy also but I think about half that weight.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2014, 10:23:41 PM »
Thanks M. It is a quite different colour really. This one is topaz mainly in normal light... I will find out one day. Thanks for posting your old true Amethyst vase by the same designer, they are fantastic.  This topas-amethyst one is nearly round not flat though. The usual official design weight is within 200g of 3KG, they tend to be quite specific. Really lovely things. I have a blue one with the bubbles, great pieces.I have not seen one I don't like!  Nice to see your version!

Robert (bOBA)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2014, 10:56:11 PM »
Gosh, my memory was good on the weight then  :o

Yes I love these, but my friend fell in love with it when she saw it and so it was hard to say no when she wanted it.
Your vase sounds to be an amazing size and a great shape - what a wonderful piece Robert.
Actually the lilac on yours looks quite similar to that short inch of lilac on the foot of my bowl doesn't it?

m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2014, 01:33:16 PM »
Gorgeous piece, Robert! Interesting to see a one-off piece from this Jelinek "range".

My Jelinek heart vase has a strange colour, too -- it is smokey grey, but with a hint of amethyst visible in daylight.

Michael

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand