No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: very large hankerchief style bowl, yellow with red dashes, far east??  (Read 606 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Hi all
I picked this bowl up and am pretty sure it is just a "decorators piece" probably far east, but just want a second opinion really just incase i have missed something  ;D
The bowl is made from mottled yellow colour with dots of other colours mixed and cased on clear, on the outer it has vertigal lines of horizontal dashes in red glass (the top lines cannot be felt but as the go down the protude from the glass more to the bottom with is actually fully on top of the glass)
The base is smooth and well polished with virtually no sign of age. at its widest its 38cms in diameter and at its tallest its 18cms and it weighs almost 2.8kgs.
The glass feels ok, slightly tinny with a high shine.
As i said im fairly certain it is just a decorators piece, but would love to have your opinions on it
many thanks
michelle
p.s thought i would add, its not really my taste so dont worry about offending, ive got a fair on sunday so needed something big tacky and cheap :24: (tacky always sells, and cheap at just £3 so should be able to make me bus fair back on this  ;D)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand