No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Not Art Vannes so who please  (Read 844 times)

Offline Margi

• Members
Not Art Vannes so who please
« on: March 07, 2010, 03:53:20 PM »
Does anyone recognise this little bird bowl I have two of these and both are unmarked.  Initial thought was Art Vannes but when comparing it to the large dove ashtray its quite clear not by the same manufacturer.  Only 11cm long by 7cm wing to wing and stands just 3.5cm tall.
TIA

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Not Art Vannes so who please
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 03:57:02 PM »
Vannes or Sevres - they're made in the same factory anyway and Sevres is not often marked...

Offline Margi

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 03:59:56 PM »
Thanks Ivo I did not think Vannes comparing it to my others but willing to accept your knowledge as always.

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 12:51:19 PM »
pretty sure ive seen one of these with the Art vannes mark to the base
p.s Ivo was Sevres and art vannes part of Daum also at somepoint, or made at the same company
michelle

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 02:44:36 PM »
Not sure of the present situation but Vannes-le-Chatel @ 40 kms from Nancy is the location of a glass works which produces Vannes, Sevres and some of the Daum pieces. It is also the main French glass school, they have various other companies in glass, art galleries etc. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand