No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Mdina Earth Range - Is this a Pattern or Range Number or something Else...?  (Read 2444 times)

Offline Greg.

• Members
Hi All,

Just picked up this Mdina Earthtones piece, fairly large, 19cm wide and 25cm high. The shape is also one I havent come across before.

Couple of questions, I was hoping someone might be able to help with.

Its signed Mdina Glass and '06'-  which I presume is the year of manufacture..? (are Earthtone pieces still being produced..or until a few years ago?

Secondly its also inscribed with the number '80339' does anyone know what this number refers to, is it a pattern/range number..?

Many thanks,
Greg

Offline Greg.

• Members
Hi,
Just been reading through a couple of old threads regarding the Earth Range, gather that '06' refers to the date and that the other number is either a client reference or a shape number.

Is anyone familiar with this shape..?

Thanks

Offline suzygpr

• Members
Hi Greg

I would think 06 refers to the date - it's a modern range, Earth, still being produced, not an Earthtones piece.

Check out the Mdina site, under Traditional Collection, Earth, Earth Medium designs, scroll down to Medium Double Swirl.  There's your vase.  Retail is £48.  The other number is probably the design number - 80 is listed as the code for this one.

http://mdinaglass.net/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=MG&Category_Code=80

Hope this helps!

Suzy x

Offline Greg.

• Members
Hi Susy,

Thanks for your reply, just looking at Mdina site as I got your reply. Looking at the Medium Double Swirl Shape, there's a slight discrepancy with the height and width, is this down to the fact that these are hand blown hence some differences with their size..?

Thanks again,
Greg

Offline suzygpr

• Members
You're quite right, the slight difference in size is purely down to it being individually made by hand.

Suzy x

Offline Greg.

• Members
cheers Susy, wish all my glass queries were as easy as this one to fathom out!

All the best, Greg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand