No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: stickered & marked strathearn green dish any idea on age and pattern name  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
But the demand for vastly increased numbers of squashed whiskey bottle novelty ashtrays (or nut trays) was probably the final catalyst for the change of company name as part of the demolition of the Shore works and the move to the new works at Crieff.

It was that was the only reason Teacher's was interested. Demand for the squashed bottles was at 60,000 a year and the old works could only produce 120 a week. Its money was used to finance the works, which were completed by December 1964 and officially opened in February 1965, so we can assume it was up and running before then. Demand for squashed bottles grew so much that when Allied Breweries took over Teacher's in 1976, the Strathearn works couldn't meet it.

The Companies House records aren't online for that period.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
From my Calendar of Ysart Glass ...
1964 December 26th - Vasart Glass Limited, Shore Road works closed. (Courier and Advertiser, December 1964) ...
1965 January 22nd - Strathearn Glass factory opened at Muthill Road, Crieff ...

Those dates are confirmed, someone did tell me that there was about a week where nothing was made during the move.

To remove ambiguity I will change the text on the catalogues to 1965 as after all, they relate to the glass not the company structure.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand