No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Odd sticker on whitefriars tri corn  (Read 1086 times)

Offline chrisffc

• Members
Odd sticker on whitefriars tri corn
« on: April 05, 2010, 05:07:42 PM »
Hi there! :) I have just bought a tri corn vase in blue which still has the original stickers attached. One of the stickers on the base displays the pattern number, the other is the traditional whitefriars one but the third one is an odd one as you can see in the pic. It reads "as selected the design centre london" What is this and why was it used? I hope one of you guys will know please. Also it appears to be in midnight blue but im not sure if they made this in midnight blue? I mainly buy scandinavian glass so this is a new one on me. Thanks :)

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
Re: Odd sticker on whitefriars tri corn
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 05:17:49 PM »
The tricorn is blue cased, one of the earlier ones.

The sticker is as it says - selected by The Design Centre London.   I have a few pieces with these stickers.  The Design Centre can be "googled", they display the best of British design and a lot of Whitefriars was displayed there at one time.

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 06:50:07 PM »
As usual Emmi is spot on . :hiclp: It may add a few bob .

Offline chrisffc

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 08:31:35 PM »
Thanks for the help guys :) really is much appreciated! I payed £24 for it, is that a good price?

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 09:31:24 PM »
A fair price, not a  complete bargain though.  Regarding the colour, looking at it again, it may be that it is Kingfisher Blue rather than Cased Blue.  These two colours are difficult to photograph accurately and also depends a lot on the monitor on which it is viewed. Turning up my brightness, it now looks Kingfisher.  Sorry, but makes no real difference to the price you paid.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand