No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Crackled Glass - ROUMANIA (marriage w/Glass Stopper)  (Read 857 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Crackled Glass - ROUMANIA (marriage w/Glass Stopper)
« on: May 28, 2010, 09:12:14 AM »
Hi, I bought this today -- which I believe is a *marriage* of sorts, as the stopper does not fit properly on it....but oh, well....

Now the crackled glass does have a gold foil label on it saying ROUMANIA.....I thought it was ROMANIA.  Why the spelling like that?  Is this older crackled glass, as can any give me a date on the label?

Now the stopper.  As said, does not fit good.  Anyone have any ideas on the stopper at all?   Age? Maker?

Thanks  :kissy:
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Crackled Glass - ROUMANIA (marriage w/Glass Stopper)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 11:36:59 AM »
One of the slightly older variant spellings Rose: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romania
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 06:56:49 PM »
One of the slightly older variant spellings Rose: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romania

Thanks Anne  :kissy: - so would this variant spelling (??) help to date the item, plus the fact that it is also a foil label (eg Murano foil labels)? Reading that article could this be from the 1950's?  What do you think?  Opinion?

I did buy it for the label only.  Probably only little $$$ to it but I also see there is a small connection with my European roots from Hungary (lol) - as in neighbors with Romania, or Roumania....both spellings.

Any idea at all on the stopper?

Thxs 

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 01:50:28 AM »
The stopper looks like it was from a Perthshire Paperweights scent bottle (PP22), made 1973 - 1996.
KevinH

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 09:21:59 AM »
The stopper looks like it was from a Perthshire Paperweights scent bottle (PP22), made 1973 - 1996.

Thanks to Alan link in that PW post, I was looking around his site when I though I stumbled upon a stopper that I recognized -- so I dug out this post -- and see that KevH stated that right above too here.

Looks like the stopper from Alan site  (www.pwts.co.uk/) and the stopper here:  http://www.paperweights.com/pw2798.jpg  Look like my stopper here in THIS post.

I have to agree -- that the stopper that I have here, looks like a stopper from a perthshire Paperweight Scent bottle. LOL

Anyone missing one?

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 11:22:08 AM »
Rose is there a ground neck in the bottle bit?  The shape looks to me as though it doesn't need a stopper.  It looks like a vase rather than a decanter if you see what I mean.
 And its great to find a crackle piece with a sticker!  I've always wondered where these clear and cased crackle pieces were being made - I'm sure all over the place and not just Roumania, but it's good to know.
m

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 02:08:16 AM »
Rose is there a ground neck in the bottle bit?  The shape looks to me as though it doesn't need a stopper.  It looks like a vase rather than a decanter if you see what I mean.
 And its great to find a crackle piece with a sticker!  I've always wondered where these clear and cased crackle pieces were being made - I'm sure all over the place and not just Roumania, but it's good to know.
m

Thanks -- that what I figured, it was a *marriage* so most likely a small crackled vase now.  Yes, I bought it *just because* it had a sticker on it.  Sole reason why.

...and again, if anyone is missing/needing a stopper from a Perthshire Paperweight Scent bottle -- there is one here since these two do not belong together.

I guess I could put this in the Market Place........should someone be looking for one.......

should I put that there?? 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand