No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pressed Glass Green Fish  (Read 574 times)

Offline heartofsklo

• Members
Pressed Glass Green Fish
« on: November 11, 2010, 08:02:45 PM »
Light green in colour, the base is triangular with rounded corners. There is an egg shaped apperture approx 1.5 inches behind the fish for a tealight? Candle? or another small object. It measures 9cm tall x 9cm wide and has no makers marks.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
Re: Pressed Glass Green Fish
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 09:59:45 PM »
I'm sure it's a lamp, missing its bakelite or chrome base incorporating a lampholder.   The colour puts me in mind of a green rocket that fitted into the top of a '50s chrome lamp by Leek of Birmingham — the same fitting as the bayonet version of the Bagley Andromeda figurine.

Bernard C.  8)
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline heartofsklo

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 10:59:23 PM »
I'm sure it's a lamp, missing its bakelite or chrome base incorporating a lampholder.   The colour puts me in mind of a green rocket that fitted into the top of a '50s chrome lamp by Leek of Birmingham — the same fitting as the bayonet version of the Bagley Andromeda figurine.

Bernard C.  8)

Thanks Bernard, try as I may, I cannot put the puzzle into action in my mind regarding this piece.Are there any images of the kind of lamp/fitting that you describe? I have searched for "Bagley Andromeda figurine" but no lamps.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 11:23:23 PM »
See http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,26348.msg146680.html#msg146680

No pictures I'm afraid.   I've only seen two or three, my own which I sold with both Andromeda and the Rocket so that my client could change them around, and one or two others.   I doubt whether many have survived.

There are plenty of examples of close-fitting lamp bases around — for example Hajdamach II shows one by Walsh.

Bernard C.  8)
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand