No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: 'coralene' ish bowl with butterflies applied  (Read 2319 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
'coralene' ish bowl with butterflies applied
« on: November 12, 2010, 01:08:48 AM »
well it arrived promptly.  I wasn't disappointed - always a bonus - as it is lovely on display.  I have to say it isn't the most sophisticated piece of glass I've ever seen, but it is very pretty. It looks like the beads have been glued on (in the interior photo the camera has picked up brush strokes that look as though glue has been brushed on) and the 'base' background appears to be made of the tiniest glass beads imaginable and the effect is to look like a background of nice Matthey crinkles in some way.  Then there are the random larger glass beads and the beautiful butterflies with coralene bodies and wings made of mosaics of glass.  The outline of the butterflies is made with some substance that is soft to the touch, kind of like shiny coloured glue laid on to look like enamel outline decoration.  It doesn't seem to be made as a candleholder as the inside of the base is slightly domed so a tealight doesn't sit flat on it. I'd guess it is modern as described, but I'm curious as to how much effort has gone in to creating/decorating this plain little pot and where it may have come from.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand