No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Early Australian Art Glass  (Read 2125 times)

Offline ahremck

• Members
Early Australian Art Glass
« on: December 08, 2010, 02:48:17 AM »
I have just bought this Murano-style bowl of Ebay(Australia).  The interest lies in the fact that the Leonora factory was running long before Sam Herman Came out to Australia and kick-started the Art glass movement in the early/mid 70s.

An excellent paper on early Australian glass is http://glasscentralcanberra.wordpress.com/2009/03/22/australian-glass-pioneers-the-paper/ by Stephen Skillitzi.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
Re: Early Australian Art Glass
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 12:13:40 PM »
Marjorie Graham collected a few press clippings on Leonora. Computer issues notwithstanding I'll have a dig through them and see whether there's anything to add. There's a tumbler with a band of copper with shapes cut out, and the glass bulging through the holes (and there are similar from Scandinavia and elsewhere that have been discussed on the board).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand