No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Davidson Glass Salad Servers ???  (Read 818 times)

Offline Biggday

• Members
Davidson Glass Salad Servers ???
« on: December 30, 2010, 04:49:30 PM »
Hi, I would greatly appreciate an opinion on a pair of Salad Servers I own.
They are Silver and Glass, marked EPNS on the Silver and Rd 176566 on the Glass. I believe they were produced by Davidson Glass, but have not found anything that resembles them or any information about them specifically.
I have included a photo and am hoping some very clever person will be able to tell me a bit more about them.
Thanks in advance, Biggday.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Davidson Glass Salad Servers ???
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 06:28:17 PM »
That number was certainly registered to Davidson on 15 August 1891, so I think you can safely assume Davidson made the glass some time after then. It's likely that the metal ware was added by the wholesaler. This pattern is known as the 1892 suite and it was the daisy pattern that was registered rather than the individual shape of the items. I would say these were rather unusual.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand