No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Chippendale glass  (Read 22511 times)

Offline Tony H

• Members
    • http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/index.php?cat=10002
Chippendale glass
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2005, 07:12:52 PM »
Hi Anne and Gareth

Anne  Your cheese dish is a great find have a look here http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/d554to/Chippendalenine.jpg

Gareth  When you mentioned Nick Dolan it rang a bell, some time back I got a copy of a Davidson Catalogue from Chris at Cloud Glass, I had forgot this, I think this may have come from Nick. My copy ony has 14 pages, page 14 shows Trinket Sets No 1 and No 3 is your copy the same, if so can I have page 15 16 17 and 18, at this time I do not have broadband, it has only just come to my area and I have not changed over yet, but if the 4 pages are not to large a file it should be OK.

Anonymous

Chippendale glass
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2005, 08:58:17 PM »
Hi Tony

Absolutely...but I have about 5 different Davidsons catalogues so could you advise which one exactly it is that you have.

regards

Gareth

Morgan48

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Chippendale glass
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2005, 09:25:20 PM »
Quote from: "Tony H"
Frank
Can we sort out this log on thing? Plesae.

Hi Tony,

Research indicates that this is mostly caused by ISP's that change the IP addresses of their customers, even while they are surfing. Hence you can get signed off while writing a message. The security is based on you IP address matching your cookie and is the best way of preventing identity theft.

The only way around this, as far as I can see is by reducing the security level and that will still not work in some case. Unfortunately most of the discussions are highly technical and leave me wondering!

Basically, as I understand it, your IP address is stored in your cookie and session data, when you post a message or move between messages, and your IP address is changed by your ISP, it says... is this Tony's IP address... NO... Impostor sign him out!  :?

:?: Anne - you use PHBB have you had this problem, or do you understand the issues discussed in the PHBB support forums?

Offline Tony H

• Members
Chippendale glass
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2005, 09:57:36 PM »
Hi Gareth
Five Davidson Catalogues !!! are they all on Chippiendale or are any on there other glass.

My copy is on Chippendale only, there is no date, but it is thought to be mid 1930s.

The Forward to my copy reads.

The publication of this catalogue, the first to be compiled since "CHIPPENDALE" became an All British product signifies the beginning of a new era in the long history of " CHIPPENDALE " Glassware

It continues for 4 more paragraphs to tell about making Chippendale in colour.

Hope this is of some help, if not I will scan somemore pages and post a link.

Tony H.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Chippendale glass
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2005, 10:20:33 PM »
Quote from: "Frank"
Question Anne - you use PHBB have you had this problem, or do you understand the issues discussed in the PHBB support forums?

Hi Frank,

No I've never had this problem appear on our phpBB boards at all, and this is the only board I use that I've seen it happen on so I'm a little puzzled as well.

The explanation about dynamic IP addresses seems strange to me as I used to have one until last Nov, and was disconnected every two hours and had to redial into my ISP. Even then I didn't get logged out of this board or any other even when I was in the middle of a post or an admin function on our boards.

I've tried to look at the phpBB discussions about this but the website seems to be offline just now, so I'll check back later and see what it says.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Morgan48

• Members
Chippendale glass
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2005, 11:49:02 PM »
Hi Gareth
Five Davidson Catalogues !!! are they all on Chippiendale or are any on there other glass.

My copy is on Chippendale only, there is no date, but it is thought to be mid 1930s.

Tony H.

Hi Tony

Sorry I think I slightly misunderstood your question. I have 1 Davidsons Chippendale undated but c1930's. The other 4 I bought as they referenced cloud glass but also included various other Davidsons non-cloud items....and a vaste range they are too. I think I also have a 1912 catalogue as well somewhere.

I've just checked and I do have pages 15 to 18  and will hopefully transmit them to you tomorrow.

Regards

Gareth

Morgan48

Offline Morgan48

• Members
Chippendale glass
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2005, 01:57:53 PM »
Good afternoon Anne and Tony

If you would give me your email addresses please I will send you the appropriate Chippendale pages

Regards

Gareth

Morgan48

Offline Tony H

• Members
Chippendale glass
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2005, 06:38:31 PM »
Hi Gareth

Could you send to ( address removed ). Many thanks for this.

Question.
When Davidson made Chippendale from original molds did they remove the Kris-Ktol and Chippendale marks from them I have pieces with and without, how can you tell what was made in USA which the National Glass Co imported into UK and which was Made in by Davidson in UK.

Tony H

Offline Anne

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Chippendale glass
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2005, 06:44:53 PM »
Hi Gareth

Question.
When Davidson made Chippendale from original molds did they remove the Kris-Ktol and Chippendale marks from them I have pieces with and without, how can you tell what was made in USA which the National Glass Co imported into UK and which was Made in by Davidson in UK.

Tony H

This is something I've often wondered as well, as some of mine has Krys-tol and some has the US monogram and the rest is unmarked.

Offline Anne

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Chippendale glass
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2005, 08:01:52 PM »
Received safely, thank you so much Gareth, you're a star! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand