Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

Jurnikl cube look-alike. Made in China.

<< < (2/2)

Jindra8526:
Thank you very much Anne, pictures are OK.
I cannot display big images directly, it slows down downloading of the web site.

Jindrich
www.cs-sklo.cz

Jindra8526:
Dear friends,
I have just recieved comment to this subject written by Czech design colector and student of History of Art and mz friend Honya:

Hi Jindra
I just read comments being related to hypothetical imitation or as Mrs. Anne wrote pretender of Jurnikl’s candlestick and I have say that I am finding this discussion a bit incorrect. Firstly Chinese candlestick is cut and moreover it does not follow one from the basic properties of Jurnikl’s candlestick that are: planes are slightly convex with concave lenses.
In the same way chatting people could focus to glass cubes of German company Peil und Putzler that apparently this component also widely used for assorted lamps and candlesticks (see picture with lamps). I have had several lamps with cube almost identical to Jurnikl’s one.
Also French company Daum had produced something similar.
I suppose that we can say that this Chinese product does not try to imitate Jurnikl’s design. Reversely I am assuming that this design is something what sooner or later would be achieved of every designer considering optical decoration applied to various quadratic forms.
What is your opinion?

Jindrich
www.cs-sklo.cy

chopin-liszt:
 :clap:

Please thank your friend very much indeed for contributing all this extra, fascinating information and the pictures!

(should this thread be archived?)

Anne:
I think the information from Jindra's contact above could be relevant to Emil's query here too:
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,36152.0.html so cross-linking for ease of reference.

Sue, all topics are archived, just not in Glass Archives. :kissy:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version