No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Early vinaigrette dispenser ? (Not Whitefriars)  (Read 656 times)

Offline Trebor

• Members
Early vinaigrette dispenser ? (Not Whitefriars)
« on: February 24, 2011, 10:45:55 AM »
Hi again have two more pieces i need your help with i think this is old .It has a slight pink tinge but this may be down to the discolouring affect of the vinegar? it has a ground out smooth pontil mark  Height with stopper in is 160,mm Width 80,mm.I know it seems like i just buy the glass and then put it on the site for you`s to do the research for me but i do try to find it out for my self but theres so much info out there it`s quite confusing ,but i am getting there with your help .Thank you all. :kissy: :thup: :or:
IF IT AINT BROKEN, DONT FIX IT.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Early vinaigrette dispenser ? (Not Whitefriars)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 11:45:26 AM »
Hello robert - good to see you are still buying glass ;)     I cud be wrong, but don't think you will find that people here will refer to these dispensers as 'vinaigrettes'  -  and the type of glass container you are referring to is probably more correctly referred to as a 'cruet' i.e. a container for liquid condiments (as opposed to salt and pepper).    A 'vinaigrette is more usually a small metal container with a perforated top, used to contain an aromatic substance such as vinegar or smelling salts.      Regrettably, unless your piece is marked to indicate some particular maker, you may well be onto a hiding to nothing in terms of attribution.........these pieces were made in their millions by many manufacturers  -  but fingers crossed, you never know :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand