No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Purple Murano vase with controlled bubble bud (?)  (Read 3999 times)

Offline Jeroen

• Members
Purple Murano vase with controlled bubble bud (?)
« on: January 28, 2006, 01:34:09 PM »
Hello everyone,

I think this is a simple sixties' Murano controlled bubble bud vase, it is in very good condition and bought it for 7 euro's!

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7052/muranopaarsekelk6kz.jpg

Am I right?

Greetings,

Jeroen

Offline horochar

• Members
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 03:37:15 PM »
I believe this is Swedish, not Murano.  An American company, Erickson, also made pieces in this type of form.

Offline CathyG

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 03:59:32 PM »
Quote from: "horochar"
I believe this is Swedish, not Murano.  An American company, Erickson, also made pieces in this type of form.

Erickson made pieces with controlled bubbles but nothing like this vase. Erickson made many pieces cased in crystal with controlled bubble bases. This type of vase is thin and I too believe it to be Swedish.

Here are a couple examples of Erickson cased in crystal. You can see the thickness of the glass and the controlled bubble bases.

CathyG

Cathy G
www.glasslanding.com
A Source for Mid Century Art Glass
Lots of Blenko!

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 04:00:03 PM »
http://www.glassbudvases.co.uk/
all you ever wanted to know about these!

Offline CathyG

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 04:08:07 PM »
I thought maybe I'd give a little info on Carl Erickson, he was born in Sweden and came to the U.S. when he was just a teen. He worked for pairpoint for 20 years, then Libby Glass, he even worked for Blenko for a while in the late 30's and there too, he made controlled bubbles pieces.

CathyG
Cathy G
www.glasslanding.com
Lots of Blenko!

Offline CathyG

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 04:09:28 PM »
Intresting! Thanks Ivo
Cathy G
www.glasslanding.com
Lots of Blenko!

Offline glasswizard

• Members
    • Terry's Glass
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 07:08:37 PM »
Thanks CathyG, Erickson has to be one of my favorites. Terry

Offline Jeroen

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 09:24:34 PM »
Thanks everyone for your replies and knowledge!

And an interesting site it is Ivo!

I will try to find anything that looks alike, if I find something I will post it in this thread.

Btw the length of the vase is 25,5 cm. (I don't know if that makes ID'ing any easier)

Am I right in thinking that 7 euro's wasn't too much to pay for the vase? (just curious)

Greetings,

Jeroen

Offline bubbles

• Members
    • http://www.glassbudvases.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2006, 07:02:47 PM »
Hi,   :D
Could you tell me what the underside of the base is like please? I have one that appears identical to yours and would like to compare them.  If you could provide a picture that would really help, thanks!  You can see mine if you look on the site under colours/amethyst.  Unfortunately I haven't identified it yet, although Swedish is a possiblity, but only a possibility!

Offline Jeroen

• Members
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2006, 09:18:22 PM »
Hi there,

As soon as I am near the vase, (is is at my parents house because of cats at my place :lol: ) then I will make a picture and post it here.

Maybe it's worth to mention that the glass isn't that thin, I think the glass is about 2 to 3 mm thick.

There's not much to see on the bottom of the vase, no signature etc. so I'll hope it helps.

Grtz,

Jeroen

It also looks a little bit like this vase on a site.

http://koopjes.marktplaats.nl/antiek_en_kunst/antiek_vazen/18750565.html?return=eJw1y0EOgyAQheG7mOhSBWljMaSpFzGgGA0IRMZqbXr3wsLd98%2FLcIrod6Zl4ylGhCZitbuXzQTgaFEo66TJF74qcJpz8LnRBTcwS9VJ06nNeLj6zU9pih6RfIJFP0EwO2aHZigbPFN7Wr16a2C1WsshxTdcik0ILdOqBRtGFKDRBRxBoiDonF3kEY%2F1g5R1rE8oQnB9r0KNPlR4aqXgcSgDrZ%2FjMXMMJc3vD1%2FYSAU%3D&df=1

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand