No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: vase swirled red in clear with bubbles and flat rim - ID = Poschinger  (Read 3812 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Just wondering what this vase might be  if anyone knows? 
Our favourite auction site no 400211827169 - Auction has now finished.
thanks
m

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
It's not Caithness or Monart. Not Mdina/Maltese either.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Perhaps Zwiesel? http://cgi.ebay.de/VASE-ZWIESEL-GLASVASE-70ER-DESIGN-/200480973753?pt=Glas_Kristall&hash=item2ead98e3b9
Diameter is the same, height is different (maybe the shorter version...)

Michael

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
from the colour I'd say Romania - but one pic at a weird angle is not enough to go by.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Sue thanks :) that's confirmed all of my thoughts as well.  Rocco that vase is very interesting!  It reminds me of a vase I have seen id'd as Maleras although that one was larger I think than the Zweisel one you have linked to.  It looks incredibly similar though.
I bought the red striped vase so I've now attached some better pics.  It is bubbles in clear with a red surface trail that becomes totally immersed in the clear towards the top.  The bubbles are profuse.  It has a thick base and the pulled neck and neck rim are not entirely 'perfect', slightly wonky I think, although from the angle I've taken the picture it all looks straight.
It's 14cm tall x 10.5cm wide approx.
Has the pontil mark ground off but not polished and not finished in a circular neat finish.
No idea who it might be, but it looks very pretty on display because of the bubbles and colours.  Looks like an early piece of studio work or possibly  Romanian as Ivo mentions - I did find a swirly bowl with a red and some other colours in so I can see the similiarities Ivo, but it didn't have the bubbles.  Any more thoughts on new pics please do tell  ;D

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
more pics as it would only let me post one  :-\

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
the pontil mark is rough, not polished and that is not the type of finish you'd expect from Zwiesel. Also the flange is uneven - and however charming that may be it is not a Zwiesel characteristic, so for me Zwiesel is out. 

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
I agree Ivo.   So, we are getting somewhere on what we know it is not.
m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
thank you all for your help and  big thanks to Dirk for finding these :clap:  I'm very happy :rah:
My first piece so I'm off to investigate further and some new glass to look at  :)
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand