No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Wedgwood Stennett Wilson? vases  (Read 643 times)

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
Wedgwood Stennett Wilson? vases
« on: May 14, 2011, 03:44:53 PM »
Picked these up today, reminded me of the angular vases but rounded shoulders, clear cased,quite heavy 7.5" high polished pontil mark and plenty of wear.

https://picasaweb.google.com/107067405711297858658/PurpleVases#5606594376847336210

Chris

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
Re: Wedgwood Stennett Wilson? vases
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 08:18:11 PM »
Not very helpful I know Chris, but sure I have seen them before......nice colour and shape...........but can't for the life of me remember where I have seen them or what they are! :cry:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 08:54:36 PM »
thanks anyway Emmi :sun:
Chris

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 05:15:15 PM »
Maybe the title is a little misleading not suggesting they are Wedgwood just thought they looked similar any suggests of a possible maker of course always welcome, 60s 70s ?

Chris :sun:

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 05:31:26 PM »
Chris can you upload the photos to the board please?  otherwise they disappear in future when you change your account and then we have no record of the pictures which can be futile when looking back on past posts.
Have you got Andy McConnel's book?  is there anything vaguely similar in there?  Also, can you do a good side on view with white paper behind please as I find it hard to judge the thickness/ clear lines of the vases when there are distractions around and in the background of pictures.   :sun:
I'll have a scout round this evening and see if I can find similar.  They look well made but I don't recall seeing this shape with that longer neck, Edited to add 'I think they are quite unusual with the longer neck' it's quite unusual (not that I've seen that much to be honest  :-[)
m

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 08:03:01 PM »
Thanks for taking a look m used to upload pictures to the board but frankly found it a bind with the restrictions.
Created the Picasa album which is easy to used and it's contains hundreds of photos already which is great when someone asks a question and I can search my album and have an instant answer, also invaluable for eBay as I just upload things I find has I go along and then link them with as many photos as I want either to my listings or posts, maybe there are better ways but it suits me.
Did you notice there are several photos some with a white back ground in the link?
Which is the Andy McConnel book?
Thanks for your help.
Chris

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 08:47:35 PM »
no didn't notice as I only look at the one linked mostly  :-[ (sorry, very distracted by kids here this evening).
I was wondering if anything similar was in 20th century  Glass- Millers?

I take a peek through if my youngest finally settles and let you know if I spot anything.
m

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 08:54:27 PM »
Miller's 20th Century Glass by Andy McConnell - is now out of print.  Saw one go on ebay recently for around £80!

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 09:25:02 PM »
 :o
well it's a good resource with lots of different glass in it.  Obviously it doesn't have everything, but I think it's a very good start point and has often 'found' me things when I have been looking carefully rather than skim reading thinking I know what it is I'm looking for.
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand