No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bowl with two signatures  (Read 749 times)

Offline fattystratty1

• Members
Bowl with two signatures
« on: May 19, 2011, 03:38:43 PM »
Hi there,  bought this bowl about 6 months ago from a charity shop for £20. The thing that struck me about this bowl was the fact that it has two signatures on it and this attracted me straight away, that and the fact that it is lovely intresting bowl . The bowl stands at 9.5cm high and is 27 cm across. I think I've seen a bowl like this before on Ebay and if i can remember rightly it might of been made in the 80's for a commission for a company but I'm not 100% on that, maybe I'm imagining things. Anyway i hope that some one out there can help me out with the bowl and the signatures.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Re: Bowl with two signatures
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 05:41:20 PM »
Hi, does the second one say 26.8 and refer to the second measurement you have given, of 27cm?
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline fattystratty1

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 08:49:18 PM »
Hi Rosie, I don't think it's a 26.8. The first letter  looks like a R and the second letter looks like a S . I think thats what they are anyway . ;D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 10:24:31 PM »
I thought it maybe said LGW - SH LGW which could be Stuart Hearn London Glass Works?
and 26.8 cm for the width of the bowl (although I can't imagine why one wouldn't just put 27cm? to be honest)
But perhaps I'm imagining it?
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand