No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Last of the Carnival ID - 1. Rindskopf, 2. ? 3. Jeanette  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
Last of the Carnival ID - 1. Rindskopf, 2. ? 3. Jeanette
« on: February 11, 2006, 03:56:41 PM »
This is a small stemmed dish, I think for sugar or bonbons. It is 4.25"high and 5.5" wide.

Th pattern on this looks familiar.

This bowl is one of 3 that I have, this is the middle sized one, 6.5" wide and 2.25" high. The other two are 4.25"wide and 1.5" high and 7.75" wide and 2.5" high.

The last piece. I am not sure if this should have a lid as there is a tiny lip around the inner part of the piece. It is 5.5" wide and 1" high.

Many thanks.

I will buy your book Glen, I promise.
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Glen

• Author
  • Members
    • Carnival Glass Research and Writing
Last of the Carnival
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 04:10:18 PM »
Well, the first piece is adorable. It's a Leerdam stemmed sugar - the pattern has 2 names in Carnival circles: Meydam aka Greta (it was named by two different people at different times, and neither knew of the other's naming!)

The second piece is not one I have seen. It has a Rindskopf-ish look to it. I am digging through all my catalogs and archives for your other bowl, and so now for this one too!

I'm not trying to get you to buy my books, Della, really  :oops: I'm always more than happy to help in any way I can. I only reference so that anyone who may have copies of any of them, will know where to look to see the photos or catalog illustrations.

The little sugar is delightful. Carnival collectors could also call it a miniature compote. It's a little gem - and how nice that it was made in the Netherlands.  :lol:

Glen
Just released—Carnival from Finland & Norway e-book!
Also, Riihimäki e-book and Carnival from Sweden e-book.
Sowerby e-books—three volumes available
For all info see http://www.carnivalglassworldwide.com/
Copyright G&S Thistlewood

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Glen

• Author
  • Members
    • Carnival Glass Research and Writing
Last of the Carnival
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 04:11:45 PM »
Ooops, the third piece just popped up (it was hiding before when I looked). It's Jeanette's Herringbone & Iris again - so you know the details on that one.  :lol:  It could well be the butter dish base, but I haven't studied the shapes in the pattern well enough to give a certainty on that.

Glen
Just released—Carnival from Finland & Norway e-book!
Also, Riihimäki e-book and Carnival from Sweden e-book.
Sowerby e-books—three volumes available
For all info see http://www.carnivalglassworldwide.com/
Copyright G&S Thistlewood

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
Last of the Carnival
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 04:18:52 PM »
Well I never, at last a piece of Dutch glass.
I do think that the quality is lacking a little, compared to the other pieces I have. The foot is almost all clear glass, apart from a splash of iridescence on one side. I will have to display it in a certain way.

Thank you for that Glen. I will keep my fingers crossed with the other two patterns.

I know you weren't trying to get me to buy your book Glen, but it would be nice for me to have a couple anyhow.
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand