No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large clear segmented dish - poss Jurnikl cog type?  (Read 555 times)

Offline poppyparker

• Members
Large clear segmented dish - poss Jurnikl cog type?
« on: August 06, 2011, 03:10:17 PM »
Hello to you all

This must weigh about 4lbs.  It's clear and shaped like the Czech cog (iceberg) vase that I have which is why I finally bought it for more than I should have paid at the local charity shop.  

It's lovely and clear but has some "squigglyness" where it would have set in the mould (does that sound right?).

It seems well made and has three segments for putting different things in.  There are three tiny bumps 1.5cm away from the centre on each "rib" that I suppose part of the lid (missing) might have rested on to keep from cracking the "ribs".  It is worn on the base and dips down into the middle (of the base) a few millilmetres.

The twelve points around the outside sink in to a depth of about 1cm. It is 21.5cm across at the widest point and is 5cm tall.

I really love it actually and would like to eventually find the lid if at all possible so pretty please does anyone have any ideas at all?   :help:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline poppyparker

• Members
Re: Large clear segmented dish
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 01:22:39 AM »
Anyone - please......... :help:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 07:04:36 AM »
Patience Poppy...you only posted this yesterday!  Sometimes it can take days or months or (in one case for me recently) years to get an answer.  What would help you would be to have the most descriptive title possible.  In your case, I would have added 'Poss Czech - Jurnikl?' to your title.  Would you like me to add that for you now?

I am not a man

Offline poppyparker

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 02:54:25 PM »
Hi Max

You are sweet, thank you that would be nice - patience is NOT my middle name.   :pb:

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 03:26:28 PM »
How is the base finished?

It does not look right for Jurnikl's design, that rim is flat unlike the pointy rim on this bowl and the other shapes: https://picasaweb.google.com/Johnmj100/CzechGlass#5432668328439970194. I don't see this variation in the Rudolfova hut catalogue but that does not necessarily rule it out.

John

Offline poppyparker

• Members
Re: Large clear segmented dish - poss Jurnikl cog type?
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 08:19:24 PM »
Hi John

It's not that one, I'm afraid.  the ribs don't stick up at all.  The last photo above is the base.  I googled images "czech+large+glass+dish+divided and there is a picture on Etsy of my dish - with the lid- BUT of course, when you go in it's missing from the site. 

Actually, when you find an image is there any way of getting the origin of the picture?

Poppy

:sun:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand