No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Tiffin or Cambridge Square (?) Crystal Trophy Vase or Urn  (Read 2688 times)

Offline horochar

• Members
Tiffin or Cambridge Square (?) Crystal Trophy Vase or Urn
« on: September 23, 2011, 11:54:40 AM »
Looking for help to identify this really nice piece I recently picked up.  Who produced it and when? It's very thick and heavy and could be mistaken for Steuben, except for it has mold lines. I think it has a faint grey/smoke color. Measures 8 3/4" tall.

Thanks,
Charles.

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Re: Tiffin or Cambridge Square (?) Crystal Trophy Vase or Urn
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 04:43:57 PM »
Neither one...its Heisey #5012 square vase. 

Offline horochar

• Members
Re: Tiffin or Cambridge Square (?) Crystal Trophy Vase or Urn
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 03:08:24 PM »
Thanks Ohio.  Funny thing is I was just about to pose the question as "Tiffin or Heisey," but at the last moment subbed in Cambridge, just because I learned about their square line.  I think I did o.k. on this investment, although I do note that examples that fetch healthy prices at auction seem to be decorated and not plain.  No matter, it's a "keeper" for the collection.  (Wish I could go back in and modify title of my original posting to assist future information seekers).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand