No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Notes on the Schmetterling vases  (Read 1888 times)

Offline Leni

• Members
Notes on the Schmetterling vases
« on: January 11, 2010, 12:24:16 PM »
Schmetterlings

Do I have them all?  Well, I thought so at one time, but I now know that there are more than one version of some of the colours, and indeed there may well be more than one shade - there certainly is of the blue one.  

As I understand it, the all-over frosted ones are the earlier - 1930's - versions, and the part-frosted ones are later - 1960's.  I have an all-over frosted Amber (she can be seen on the front of this year's glass calendar - thank you, Anne! :D ) and an all-over frosted Uranium Green.  However, my Pink lady is part-frosted, and so is my (pale) Blue one!  So if I wanted to be obsessive (who, me? ;D ) I would need to get all-over frosted versions in Pink and Blue, and part-frosted Amber and Green, plus the dark Blue in both part and all-over frosted!   :o :spls:  And I don't even know if they were made in all those variations! :huh:  ::)

Leni

Offline Antoinette

• Members
Re: Notes on the Schmetterling vases
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 10:25:37 PM »
Hi Leni
so sorry for the delay in getting back to you!!! Phew - what a collection!!! Send me your email and I'll happily share my beloved pics. Yes she us the 60s version but so so so beautiful!!!!!!
Sox not figured out how to upload pics on the forum yet!!!!
:0)
xxxxx
You only live once - be happy :0)

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 11:39:49 PM »
Got the pics thank you, Antoinette  :) 

Yes, your pink Schmetterling is the same as mine, being part-frosted.  She's a lovely lady, isn't she?  And yes, it was my pictures of the Schmetterlings in my conservatory which inspired you to seek for your own   ;D   

Good luck with collecting the rest!   ;) :D
Leni

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 10:31:05 AM »
In case anyone is interested  ;D  I've created an album with all my Schmetterling pictures
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/thumbnails.php?album=781
Leni

Offline Antoinette

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 11:48:44 PM »
LENI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your collection is just FAB!!!!!!
Sorry not been online for a while peeps - lots of marking and stuff at work!!

Leni's collection is simply UNBEATABLE!!!

Have fun everyone!!
Signing off
Antoinette
:0)xx
You only live once - be happy :0)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand