No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: AVEM ?? Footed Small Bowl ?? Tutti Frutti ??  (Read 430 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
AVEM ?? Footed Small Bowl ?? Tutti Frutti ??
« on: November 25, 2011, 04:50:35 AM »
 :hi:

I just got this small bowl.  I am thinking that it is AVEM but I am not finding anything footed.  It kinda looks like the Tutti Frutti Design I can find on the Net, but not as many variables of colors in it.  It does have both Gold and Silver foil flakes in it, some gold aventurine swirls in it.  The glass footed base also has a swirl to it with a polished bottom and shows some wear.  It is:

~ Bowl width 5 inches x 5 inches, wavy edge
~ About 3.5 inches tall, total
~ The twisted base foot is about 1.5 inches tall
~ Weight is 1.32 pounds

It is a smaller bowl, but I am not finding much like this with a foot on a bowl?  Is this AVEM and/or Tutti Frutti ?

Any ideas on the year made?  Is it unusual at all?  Thanks for any info  :kissy:
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
Re: AVEM ?? Footed Small Bowl ?? Tutti Frutti ??
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 08:33:45 AM »
Not tutti frutti antiquerose. This is tutti frutti IMO

Ebay ID: 250878948595

Other opinions may vary. Maybe your piece is Toso, but I am not interested/familiar with this type of glass and I tend to avoid it. Only because it doesn't suit my furniture.

Just to be cheeky though...you down sizing your bowls???... :24:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Wayne

• Members
    • 20th Century Glass
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 09:14:01 AM »
Hi Rose.  Your bowl reminds me of the ones that tend to come with the "Vetro Artistico Veneziano" labels.  I don't think it's quite been determined yet if that is a manufacturer label or import/export label.  I've never seen any with the foot part though, could it have been added later (glued on)?  I'd agree it's technically not Tutti Frutti.  If we're using ice cream flavours, I'd go with Butter Pecan;)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 10:49:12 AM »
Hi

Whooooooooooops, I guess not tutti frutti, but like Wayne said it is kinda a Butter Pecan look...........or like the spots of a Leopard.

No, IMHO it is not a marriage of the foot and the bowl (as glued on).  The bottom of the bowl is also curved so it would never sit properly.  I have that    *Glass Swan here    that has a swirl base.   That is what drew me to it, plus the flakes.  Looking around the net I have not found anything yet either, but did find that this may be called a *compote* ???  Maybe....

Yes, it is smaller.  Smaller bowls need lovin too..... :24: :thud:
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand