No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ACB CAMEO? ART DECO LAMP SHADE  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Scott134

• Members
ACB CAMEO? ART DECO LAMP SHADE
« on: January 30, 2012, 12:56:54 AM »
I have tried to ID this lamp shade a while now without any luck. The design is dimensional. It is amber in color with a green "wash"? on the exterior. It looks different depending on whether it's lit and how bright the interior bulb is. It's about 12".  Any ideas on this?  Thanks

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww216/anteekazoid/zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz346x.jpg

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww216/anteekazoid/xz20101205_10_02.jpg

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww216/anteekazoid/xz20101205_05_02.jpg

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww216/anteekazoid/zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz346x.jpg

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 01:02:12 AM »
gosh that is absolutely divine :sun:
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Scott134

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 01:23:24 AM »
Thanks. I think so too.  The sad thing is that it has just been sitting in a box unappreciated.  I think it must be something good because it's pretty amazing which is why I never got rid of it.  Since I found this board, I am digging through boxes and closets looking for stuff I packed away.  On the bright side, it is getting me to clean a little.

Offline beaubow

• Members
    • R Young Antiques
Re: ACB CAMEO? ART DECO LAMP SHADE
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 05:54:09 AM »
That has to be French (okay, maybe Belgian).  But probably French.
Robert

Offline Andy

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 09:36:41 PM »
Could Schneider, le verre français,  be a possibility, heres a few examples.

http://images.google.fr/search?hl=fr&q=le%20verre%20fran%C3%A7ais&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1093&bih=457&sei=hKMtT_-DH5CxhAf4hsDtCg&tbm=isch

Lovely thing  :mrgreen:

Good luck,
Andy
"Born to lose, Live to win." Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister Motorhead (1945-????)

Offline Scott134

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 09:22:36 AM »
Still hoping. Someone on ebay had one almost like it a year ago for $500 and it didn't sell and disappeared.  They didn't know what it was either.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 10:22:46 AM »
Hi Scott
I've been casting around looking for this on and off as I'm sure the pattern can be matched somewhere :)
As Max said on one of your other threads, it would be great if you could upload your pictures to the board please, as you have some fabulous glass and it would be wonderful to have them on the GMB for future reference.
m

Offline Scott134

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 10:55:20 AM »
I don't understand what you mean about uploading the pictures to the board. When I posted this, I used an upload link WHICH NO LONGER APPEARS TO BE PRESENT. LOL.  I uploaded these to this post and if you clicked on the post, the pictures were here and lokked great.  People replied. I came back and clicked on the post and the pictures were here. Now, several days later, there are just weird links in parentheses. What happened to my pictures.  They were here several days.  Now someone has to copy amd paste the links to view them which no one wants to do and most will not do (and I don't blame them).  What has happened to the board? How can I get pictures, not links, but actual pictures to show up on my posts again.  No wonder people aren't responding.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 01:29:34 PM »
Hi Scott
There is a help section on the board which shows how to upload the photos directly to the board rather than them being a 'link' to a photo on a host site.  This ensures they stay on the board long after photobucket and other hosting sites may be down/forgotten/gone or if you remove your photos from the hosting sites.  If any of those things happens to a linked picture and the poster has not loaded directly to this board, we lose the pictures.  So we end up with a thread discussing a non existent piece.  I'm guessing this takes up board space and actually becomes a) very frustrating for future searchers as they can't see whether or not the item is relevant and b) makes the topic/thread redundant almost completely as no one knows what was actually being discussed.  This board is for the discussion of glass and also to help identify pieces, so it's quite vital that the pictures remain on the board otherwise the freely given information and freely given time to search and help id pieces, is wasted - a bit like a glass reference book without pictures, very few would buy it  :)
So the request is to upload them via something like irfanview, directly to here so they remain.
It takes a little sorting but not much (I'm really a techno dinosaur but eventually in my desperation lol, I managed to sort it out).
I hope this helps and looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful glass.
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand