No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Identity of Miniature Millefiori Vase?  (Read 478 times)

Offline KevinM

• Members
Identity of Miniature Millefiori Vase?
« on: March 03, 2012, 01:07:08 AM »
I recently purchased this miniature Millefiori vase along with some other items and was hoping someone would be able to identify who the maker and perhaps the vintage and/or time period it might be from. I thought it might be a Murano Fratelli Tosso vase but after some searches on miniature Millefiori vases I'm not sure.

This vase is about 5 inches tall and approximately 3 inches wide. There are no maker marks or stickers on the vase.

Thanks!
Kevin

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Identity of Miniature Millefiori Vase?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 07:47:42 AM »
Hi Kevin and welcome to the GMB. It looks as if you' ve done your homework and came up with the correct answer. You also make goooood photographs. :thup:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline KevinM

• Members
Re: Identity of Miniature Millefiori Vase?
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 03:14:57 PM »
Thanks for the reply Ivo! How do you tell if it's a Murano Fratelli Tosso vase? Would it be the way the canes are laid out and the images on the canes? Are the canes used made and used only by the maker (or in this case this maker)? Is there a book or web site to look up the cane patterns to identify a maker?

I'm also trying to find out how to get a time period or date that the vase was made. Is there a way to tell or a resource to find this out. In addition, what might be the approximate value of this vase in excellent condition (no chips, cracks or scratches, etc...)?

All replies welcome, thanks!
Kevin

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand