No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Fake Iittala, but nice etched glass flask, anyone recognise it  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Andy

• Members
All this talk of fakes, heres one of mine , bought years ago from the infamous 'Chrism' .It was on ebay probably back in 2004, soon after i joined, I think i bought another signed Murano piece from him, also a nice piece, but fake signature. I expect they will turn up again from time to time, i wondered about the Zanetti signature in another thread ?
Although it was early days for me, so Im not sure how prolific he was, newer collectors should know he was a seller on ebay, who had a lot of fun with his Dremel, and made a lot of money , until ebay, with help from glass collectors, (was it members from here??) caught up with him !  Mod: yes it was members from here

They usually were quite nice pieces of Glass, so i wondered if anyone recognises this bit of
'Timo Sarpeneva, Finland '  ??  I only noticed some years later after i knew it was fake, that he had spelt the name wrong ! Actually Sarpaneva !
Its nicely acid etched around the top, and engraved circles on body, polished pontil mark. I havent come across anything similar since.
Cheers all, and be careful out there!
Andy
"Born to lose, Live to win." Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister Motorhead (1945-????)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand