No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Very old eau de cologne flagon bottle?  (Read 421 times)

Offline stulda

• Members
Very old eau de cologne flagon bottle?
« on: March 23, 2012, 06:52:35 PM »
Hello people.

I have been given this piece of glass from my friend.
I wonder whether someone could tell me a little bit about it. I spent some time trying to research this item and yet having no luck at all.
It measures 25cm height, 12,5 cm wide and about 5,5 cm deep.
It's label says (if I read it correctly) Dcalle (with a D letter mark) Eau De Cologne. That is all I know about this item. I have been told that it's about 100 years old but is it really? Obviously the person that gave it to me has no clue as well as me.
Any information or suggestion would be so much appreciated. Thank you all of you for your help!
Cheers!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Very old eau de cologne flagon bottle?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 06:59:37 PM »
Dr. Dralle was one of the big names in hair lotion - founded in Hamburg 1852 and sold to l'Oreal in 1991. I think your bottle is from the 1930s - I have something  very similar here with a Lalique stamp.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg_Dralle_Parf%C3%BCm-_und_Feinseifenwerke

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand