No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Peacock eye prunt preserve pot, no trails - Webb?  (Read 466 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Peacock eye prunt preserve pot, no trails - Webb?
« on: March 29, 2012, 02:20:48 PM »
so this is another piece.  It has the peacock eye prunts which are green surrounded by clear rings, not the same green as my Stuart piece.  The nearest anything I can find is that the style of the crimp is very similar to a piece in the form of a crimped rim registered by Thomas Webb RD no 390103 11Nov1882 (Gullivers page 169 top bowl - completely different piece to mine but a 6 way crimp rim).  So would this design registration still be in operation in say 1900-1910 which might be when the dates to roughly looking at the design?  or could someone else have used this same type of 6 way crimp style by then?
It measures 3 5/8" tall by 4" diameter at the foot.  Has a large polished pontil mark lots of wear to the base.
Lid is completely flat and just marked epns, spoon is also marked epns.
Thanks for any help.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand