No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Simple Software packages for cataloguing Glass Collections?  (Read 528 times)

Offline Donna J

• Members
Hi,

This is my first post.

Not sure if this belongs here but couldn't see any other areas to post a general question.

I have been collecting green pressed Glass vases, float bowls, posy bowls etc  for around seven years and have around 200 plus pieces. (Too scared to count really...)

I just wondered if anyone can recommend a simple software package for cataloguing each piece?

Obviously being able to insert pictures, possibly more than one if flaws etc need to be documented,  is important with glass.

I could create my own database, I have done this for my glass reference book collection, but if there is an inexpensive one out there for collectors I would rather purchase it  than start from scratch.

Any advice appreciated,

Donna

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Mac

• Members
    • Canada
    • Bohemian Glass Collector
Re: Simple Software packages for cataloguing Glass Collections?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 03:22:43 AM »
I have been using Collection Master for a few years. No complaints. Easy to use. Check out this link:http://www.nortica.com/Software/CollectionMaster/Features.asp
Mac

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Donna J

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 04:47:19 AM »
Thanks Mac, just had a quick glance through its features and it looks exactly like what I need, not too expensive either.  Always good to get feedback from people actually using a product.

Donna

Offline jakgene

• Members
  • Mrs Doasyouwouldbedoneby
    • Mid 20 Century glass
    • Australia
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 07:07:32 AM »
What a fabulous question Donna, and great reply Mac.  Something I didn't know existed but really can use!

I probably have about 3000 pieces of glass - only currently recorded with a word doc for each one , so I have downloaded the free trial of the programme to try it and it looks good.
I may eventually learn how many pieces I have, what they cost me (do I really want to know that!) and may be able to insure my collection finally.!

Thanks to both of you.

JAK
jakgene
Western Australia
Mid 20 Century Glass
British Glass, Scandinavian Glass, Murano Glass,
Paperweights. (and anything gorgeous!)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline taylog1

• Members
    • 1950's Scandinavian glass
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 10:17:43 AM »
I can recommend Smart Pix manager, have used it for many years. I chose it because, as it only references pictures you store on your drive, rather than store them internally, it's effectively unlimited in how much it can store.

http://www.xequte.com/smartpix/index.html

Gareth

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand