No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bohemian made or American made...that is the question  (Read 735 times)

Offline Mac

• Members
    • Canada
    • Bohemian Glass Collector
Bohemian made or American made...that is the question
« on: June 17, 2012, 09:55:34 PM »
I have a piece of glass that I recently purchased that I would like you to take a look at. I have all of the details about the piece on my blog. Take a look if you wish. I would be interested in your thoughts. By clicking on the link it, will take you directly to the page. Link:http://bohemianglasscollector.blogspot.ca/
Mac

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Bohemian made or American made...that is the question
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 10:37:32 PM »
Hi Mac
I would really appreciate it if you could upload your pictures directly to the board please.

Otherwise when they get moved around they are lost for future reference and so the information becomes redundant and not useful for others in the future.

And in answer to your point on the blog, whilst I'm not sure this helps, I do believe there have been id'd Kralik martele posy vases with thorn feet, iridescent and I think at least Christine's was possibly uranium glass.  The other looked as though it might have been from the picture and it was debated, however I have one in what looks like it should be uranium glass, and it isn't (so that particular piece may well have turned out not to be but the OP did not come back and confirm on the thread).  Mine doesn't feel lightweight and has a cut and polished rim.
Many thanks
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Mac

• Members
    • Canada
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 01:10:17 AM »
Thanks M. Point taken. Below is the vase in question. Although a Kralik shape it feels more like Dugan to me. I still suggest you go to my blog for the full explanation and more pics.
http://bohemianglasscollector.blogspot.ca/

Mac

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 06:36:49 AM »
The main problem with referring to your blog is that when you post queries they invariably refer to items at the top of the page so that when you look at an old thread on here it's become meaningless. And if you do find the item in question whatever comment was on your blog is gone

Offline Andy

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 09:35:48 AM »
Mac,
just thought i'd add, that i love the pictures on your blog ! Some lovely stuff and great photos !
Andy
"Born to lose, Live to win." Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister Motorhead (1945-????)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 09:59:13 AM »
There are indeed - I was drooling just yesterday!
It really does help to have the image there, next to the points being discussed in the thread.
(especially for me - I've got short-term memory problems - out of sight = out of brain!)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline Mac

• Members
    • Canada
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 10:29:55 AM »
Thanks Lustrousstone. Anne pointed this out to me a few months ago. Lesson learned - I stopped referring to my blog with ID requests.

I don’t know about you but blogs/boards/forums and such have been a learning curve for me...and they continue to be :)

To clarify why I referred to the blog this time is that this is an “article” and obviously it could not be accommodated here given given the boards limitation on pictures.

I guess I should have made that clear in my original post. This is the first “piece” I have written for my blog. It will be archived for future reference.

Andy and chopin-liszt thanks. I appreciate your comments.

Cheers

Mac

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 10:48:46 AM »
I understand why you say Dugan and I would be tempted to agree - but only based on the few pieces of Dugan I ever handled.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 11:13:11 AM »
Links and attached pictures seem the way to good (I'm extremely jealous of your stuff too)

Offline selina

• Members
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 11:23:21 AM »
Wow! Stunning photos! And some more envy this way with that gorgeous glass. You've really shown it at its best.
Trudy

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand