No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Signed paperweight, need ID please "1991"  (Read 976 times)

Offline TimelessbyRhonda

• Members
  • New to glass, learning a lot :)
    • Murano
    • United States
Signed paperweight, need ID please "1991"
« on: December 29, 2012, 05:01:35 AM »
I picked up this very unique paperweight as I have never seen one that had two flat sides - one for normal display and one to display the makers signature...very interesting. Is there a particular name for that style?  I am not able to read the signature and this is only my 2nd paperweight ever, so I know nothing about them. I am naturally drawn to signed pieces of beautiful glass though (who isn't right  ;D....

Love the way the pink is twirled around inside with gold specs and a single bubble suspended above.

Thank you ~

Rhonda
"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life" ~ John Lennon

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline TimelessbyRhonda

• Members
  • New to glass, learning a lot :)
    • Murano
    • United States
Re: Signed paperweight, need ID please "1991"
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 07:11:20 AM »
The maker is Abelman :) but I have no idea what the 12 x ss (?)...

Ebay link to signature...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-Stuart-Abelman-Studio-Art-Glass-Paperweight-1989-/120994679593?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2bd84b29

I love a good find :)

Rhonda
"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life" ~ John Lennon

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand