No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Production dates for Leerdam Colonial Williamsburg decanter?  (Read 1970 times)

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Production dates for Leerdam Colonial Williamsburg decanter?
« on: April 11, 2013, 07:01:40 PM »
Does anyone know the production dates for Leerdam's Colonial Williamsburg square base decanter please?  Mine has a gold and black foil Royal Leerdam label plus a silver and black Williamsburg Restoration oval shaped label.
TIA :)
Anne E.B

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Production dates for Leerdam Colonial Williamsburg decanter?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 07:10:48 AM »
I think that is best found out from CW themselves - http://www.history.org/ as for Leerdam I can find no record anywhere. I do know Leerdam supplied replicas to CW for their souvenir shoppe - until the order was switched to Blenko. Or was it the other way around? I was under the impression this dates from the 1970s but may have gone on a bit longer.

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 09:10:29 AM »
Many thanks Ivo.  I did look at the CW website, but without success, although they say that more collections of ceramics and glass are coming soon, so may be some info will be there.  This Blenko website states "in 1936 Blenko secured a prestigious contract to become the exclusive manufacturer for CW glass reproductions." http://www.blenkoarchive.org/blenko_history.htm - so Blenko were first to make them.
Anne E.B

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 09:39:11 AM »
Okay that makes sense - the reason they switched to Leerdam was quality issues. I have a CW bottle somewhere which may be either, and a CW hurricane lantern which is defo Leerdam.  The round gold stickers are still in use today.  The upside-downside bottle logo is in use since 1970.

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 12:30:35 PM »
Many thanks Ivo ;)
Anne E.B

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand