No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: 1950's pirelli owl?  (Read 2590 times)

bfg

1950's pirelli owl?
« on: April 12, 2013, 12:46:35 PM »
not my usual thing but this little chap came my way recently .

I've found another thread here:

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,47512.msg267401.html#msg267401

was there ever a definite id do you know, mine is certainly free standing rather than snapped off a twig but it does have lots of similarities.

Have tried on the glass zoo but can't see anything........anyone recognise / collect pirelli figures?

thanks, Mel

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline wolkenreb

• Members
    • Edinburgh, UK
Re: 1950's pirelli owl?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 05:09:17 PM »
Hi Mel. I hope someone can help you with this as I'd be interested to know if my owl with the mouse is Pirelli. I'm afraid my photos (in the thread you linked) are pretty rubbish, but the owls look similar. Having said that, you do see quite a few lampwork owls with the wings up like that. And I'm wondering if the blue in your owl's eyes is a bit TOO blue. I'm hoping Frank will drop by. . . .
Nancy

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

bfg

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 12:25:42 PM »
Hi Nancy, thanks for replying - yes I noted your owl has the same number & combo of white dots and the little orange-red 'toenails' as well as the blue eyes and upstretched wings, they're probably by the same factory - the question is who's!  ::

Have succumbed to another book *sigh* really don't want to start on lampwork figures though lol

other half took a better pic for me willl try and upload in a while

cheers, Mel

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 01:18:59 PM »
Intriguining... including Nancy's which is prob same maker. Pirelli did do the free standing, some in zoo.... but not seen the wings up like this.
It has to be a possible Pirelli but not a positive ID.. need the wings proved by a label. Almost certainly made by someone who worked at Pirelli though.

Offline wolkenreb

• Members
    • Edinburgh, UK
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 06:54:08 PM »
Thanks Frank. It's nice to know that they're Pirelli possibles. I like mine very much anyway, the mouse is beautifully made.
Nancy

bfg

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 10:07:32 PM »
thanks for looking in Frank

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum