No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Mdina signed ?? id request  (Read 1873 times)

Offline Katdil

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Any coloured glass
    • United Kingdom
Mdina signed ?? id request
« on: April 28, 2013, 01:13:58 PM »
Hi
i am new to this forum, so i  apologise if i am posting in the wrong section first.

I collect glass just fro personal use really, have many pieces and choose them on the colours and styles have no real knowledge of the history or makers of the pieces, i am looking really for information on a couple of the pieces that i have.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

The vase that i have attached a picture of has signed on the bottom what looks like mdina, it stands 7 inch tall the colours are green, brown, amber and gold flecks.

Thanks in advance

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Medina signed ?? id request
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 01:43:22 PM »
Made at Mdina (Malta), the pattern is usully known as Tiger, it may date from late 1970s or early 1980s.

John

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Mdina signed ?? id request
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 04:15:50 PM »
Hi and welcome  :)
- you have good taste, obviously - John (glassobsessed) and I are both Harris/Mdina enthusiasts!
Your pics don't blow up well (don't fret, you're new - and we'll get you sorted), but this does look like a nice early bit of Tiger.
This was a design produced by Eric Dobson, it is from slightly after the period Michael Harris left, and it continues to be made today - with a slightly different appearance - the new version is called "Marble" and it is much flatter in appearance, and rather than lovely deep yellows it has a sort of creamy coloured shallow patched - with dark brown spotted bits.
I like the older Tiger much better.  ;D

Plenty of board info can be found here - as well as loads of help for getting your images resized for posting. But if you get stuck, you can send images to me and I'll fix them for you.  You should find a thing to click on for emailing me in the bit by my username.

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/board,22.0.html
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand