No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Possible Bohemian Art Glass  (Read 461 times)

Offline mr2real

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • glass and pottery
    • United States
Possible Bohemian Art Glass
« on: May 13, 2013, 08:02:48 PM »
Any help on age, maker, or origin of this piece is greatly appreciated. Didn't unload any photos to this thread, because they are way to big. The link will take you to the original eBay forum thread, so you can see the photos. Thanks, Joe

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Pottery-Glass-Porcelain/Unique-Cased-Art/5200152300?#msg5202036703

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Possible Bohemian Art Glass
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 09:08:28 PM »
Hello Joe and welcome to the board :)
There is advice and help on the various methods of resizing and uploading your pictures on this 'help' topic here
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,34093.msg154302.html#msg154302
If you could upload your pictures then hopefully someone will be along who can help.
The reason we ask is, that in time to come, if the pictures are only links they disappear and are not accessible.  This then makes all the work that's gone into helping identify the glass, and all the posts on this thread, completely redundant and useless for future references.
If you have any trouble resizing just shout and hopefully someone will be able to help further.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline mr2real

• Members
    • glass and pottery
    • United States
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 01:19:30 AM »
Very heavily blown. Cased white on the interior, followed by translucent cream brownish middle layer, and then the minty green outer lay with some ruby strands. Very pretty piece with the light passing trough. The bottom has been ground giving it a smoother setting surface. No signatures are seen. Thanks, Joe

Offline mr2real

• Members
    • glass and pottery
    • United States
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 03:25:30 PM »
Friendly Bump.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 03:38:46 PM »
Hi - thanks for loading the pictures up :)
For some reason it looks a little newer in shape to me and the turquoise colour makes it feel a little more contemporary than Bohemian.  I have seen some vases attributed as Japanese with a crackle like that, although admittedly only in yellow and a white one, neither with the further decoration as yours has.
Hopefully someone will be along who will be able to help, although these things can take time (sometimes 5 years  ;D )
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand