No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: another ruby bowl  (Read 2232 times)

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
another ruby bowl
« on: July 02, 2013, 04:17:38 PM »
a ruby bowl with applied clear glass and gold flecks,its certainly trying to be murano?

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: another ruby bowl
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 01:05:58 AM »
The leaf base of your bowl is so familiar. I spent some time looking at my files, but couldn't find where I'd seen it before. My first thought was Barovier & Toso because of the berry prunts. I had prunts like that on a bowl that I I know was made by them. So maybe B&T.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 10:39:48 AM »
Thanks Anita,very kind of you to make the effort,got to admit to ruby glass blindness after trawling the internet trying to find a match,i did find a B&T bowl ont Ebay with the same feet posted from Aus and the prunts on other B&T bowls do seem to be in the same area ,2/3rds down the side.I would love to think it is B&T,or even from the same area and no ones mentioned the dreaded"Chinese"..yet!

PS,must start buying some books..

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 11:10:36 PM »
My most valuable "book" is the files I keep on my computer of images I find that have labels. But as extensive as my files are, there is far more glass that I haven't seen identified. One of my smallest files is the B&T file, because I so rarely see an example that still has a label.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 10:39:01 PM »
I don't think it will help but I have a small Archimede Seguso bowl with feet rather than leaves but it does seem a bit familiar. Sure they would have been made by many. Good chance of being Murano and not Chinese.
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 07:34:43 AM »
Thanks ardy,any feedback gratefully accepted..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand