No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Need a Fenton expert for these milk-glass swirl perfume bottles  (Read 2247 times)

Offline cubby01

• Members
    • central USA
    • VintagePursuits
This pair came together to me.   Both unmarked but seem commonly known as Fenton milk-glass swirl perfume/cologne bottles from the 50s.

My first question regards the finish on the bottle on the left.  It's a satin, almost pearl finish.  The finish is only on the bulbous part of the body, it starts (transitions) at the base of the neck and continues over most of the bottom (all but a central spot on the base)  Anyway, what is this finish called?  it has a nice luster and smooth feel.  Is it just 'satin'?  And is it common in that it's only applied bellow the neck?  I couldn't find a photo of anything online that looked just like it.

My second question regards dating them.  Somewhere on an ebay listing someone said something about their item being produced for less than a year in 1954.  I couldn't tell if they were referring to this piece in this pattern, or if they were referring to their specific color - a light blue or green as I recall.  Anyone happen to know the date range mine may have been made? 

As always, many thanks for your assistance.
Pithy sig withheld

Site in progress: http://www.vintagepursuits.com/

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Need a Fenton expert for these milk-glass swirl perfume bottles
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 09:29:27 AM »
You forgot the pix

Offline cubby01

• Members
    • central USA
    • VintagePursuits
Re: Need a Fenton expert for these milk-glass swirl perfume bottles
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 12:52:15 PM »
Oops, ... I'm sure it was a test to see who's paying attention  ;).   Thank you Christine.
Pithy sig withheld

Site in progress: http://www.vintagepursuits.com/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand