No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Two Labels - Murano, but Who ?? ID = Fratelli Toso, "Castle" label  (Read 2417 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Hi there:

Merry Christmas to all, and I bought this little treasure for myself here.  It has the CASTLE LABEL on it and also a ROUND RED FOIL LABEL  ( I did not see either in 101 Murano label in the Glass Gallery).

Triangular Shape with trails of  Purplish squiggles in it and Aventurine.  Very Pretty!!

It is about 7.5 inches by 7.5 inches by 6 inches.  About 1.75 inches deep. 

I think it is maybe 1960's by the labels but that is a guess.   Any other info greatly appreciated!!
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Re: Two Labels - Murano, but Who ??
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 07:09:58 AM »
Having received No replies here, I did get this answer on another forum by Anita (TxSilver) as to info on this item.  So I now do have a ID on it:

Hi, antiquerose! I haven't seen your name in quite a while. The Castle label is one used by Fratelli Toso. I've had some of their graffito things, so I guessed it was them before I saw the Castle label. The label clenches the ID. Nice bowl.

Thanks for the ID Anita, and your knowledge as always!
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Two Labels - Murano, but Who ??
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 08:14:10 AM »
Thank you for letting us know Rose :)

Those trails do remind me of a paperweight I had that was Fratelli Toso - something about how they are darker on the edges maybe, but I would never have put two and two together or known that.  The bits in the weight were green. 

m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand