No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Jobling Tudor Rose pattern.  (Read 868 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Jobling Tudor Rose pattern.
« on: April 08, 2014, 03:19:13 PM »
I know we've had images of Jobling's Tudor Rose pattern on the board before, but wasn't sure they included a uranium example - so in case we haven't ............

The REGD No. 780719, at least on the bowls, is found somewhere near the outside of the base - towards the rim - as shown in the second picture, and is in relief on the underside of the foot but read by looking through the glass.
The Jobling catalogue No. is 8000, and this pattern was a fairly early registration - 17th February 1933 - it  included quite a wide range of different shaped/sized bowls, plates in 'flint, pink, blue, amber, green, Opalique and Jade  -  I assume there was only the one green, which was the uranium sort - the appearance of which looks a bit wishy-washy, but glows strongly.   
For a pattern with so many variations, it doesn't seem to crop up as commonly as might be expected  -  and I've no idea for how long the factory continued to use the moulds.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand