No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: 2 jugs: RD 808753 (1935-6) and RD 811736 (1936) – registration details, please?  (Read 1082 times)

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
2 jugs / pitchers in clear glass, both with embossed design registration numbers to the underside of the base:

RD 808753 (which should have been registered between 7 December 1935 and 17 January 1936).

RD 811736 (which should have been registered in between 17 April 1936 and 4 May 1936).

Neither number at http://www.great-glass.co.uk/glass%20notes/regnos10.htm

Are the RD numbers in the ‘Blue Book’?  If so, would some kind GMB member let me have the precise registration details please?

Both jugs are so similar in design that they must surely have been made by the same manufacturer.

Fred.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
neither are showing in the Blue Book Fred.        I'll try and fit them in on Friday when I go to Kew.

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Wales
Thank you, Paul.

Fred.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
not the greatest success..........

Pix look less than sharp - no idea why.....don't think it was my day - hope the details are legible.

Different registrants as you can see..............808753 seems o.k. for details, but ...... 
as you can see, for Rd. 811736 it says no Certificate issued (just the one  out of a small group, the others of which seem to have been o.k.).
Unfortunately, the batch of Representations (the pix) covering 811736 is missing a number of original drawings/photos, and this is one of the missing items.   Probably no chance of locating it as likely to have been missing for some years.

Anyway, hope of some use. :)

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Wales
Thank you very much for your efforts, Paul.

I must say that I am surprised that the jugs have different design registrants, but TNA provides the definitive answer yet again.

Fred. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand